Sunday, February 23, 2014

The Wolf of Wall Street

Well, this was surprising.

I did not actually want to see The Wolf of Wall Street. Then a couple of friends suggested to go see it together and I ended up actually sort of enjoying it.

Granted, it is long. And I mean very, very long. Too long even. Seriously, how many scenes of gang banging hookers and doing endless lines of cocaine does it take to get the message across? Two? Three? Surely not as many as there were, some even in slo-mo. Two hours should have been more than enough to tell this particular story.

Aside from the sheer endlessness of the film, there were moments of greatness and absolute hilarity.

The highlight of it all, which made me laugh so hard I was in stitches, was the main character making his way from a pay phone inside the lobby of a country club to his car parked outside. There are other laughs and chuckles along the way, but this one definitely takes the cake.

Ultimately, this was better than I expected.

7/10

No comments:

Post a Comment