Thursday, April 4, 2013

Roger Ebert, 1942-2013

Roger Ebert passed away yesterday after a long battle with cancer.


He was the first film critic to win a Purlitzer Prize and to receive a star on the Walk of Fame. And he wrote some of the most entertaining and honest reviews of films.

Roger Ebert's Journal

Roger Ebert Dead at 70 after Battle with Cancer (Chicago Sun-Times)
Roger Ebert Dead: Legendary Film Critic Dies at Age 70 (Huffington Post)
I Do Not Fear Death (Salon)
A Critic for the Common Man (NY Times)

I know it is coming, and I do not fear it, because I believe there is nothing on the other side of death to fear. I hope to be spared as much pain as possible on the approach path. I was perfectly content before I was born, and I think of death as the same. What I am grateful for is the gift of intelligence, and for life, love, wonder, and laughter.


No comments:

Post a Comment