Monday, January 28, 2013

Academy Awards - Best Picture


As every year, I am in the process of watching all best picture nominees before the Academy Award show. At this point I have 5 down with 4 more to go, so I am well on my way.

Let me put them in order from best to worst (strictly my opinion):

Argo
Amour
Life of Pi / Django Unchained
....
....
....
....
Silver Linings Playbook

I really, really, really liked Argo and I find it as disturbing as many others that Ben Affleck did not get a best director nod for it. This may or may not have been because of Michael Haneke, whose Amour is also very good (but probably not entertaining enough to warrant a win).

Life of Pi and Django Unchained I liked for very different reasons and I can't make up my mind about which one I like more.

I trust that all of the four films I have yet to see will be better than Silver Linings Playbook, and really, what are the odds of them being worse?

No comments:

Post a Comment